Join the fun Saturday Aug 5th, 2017! Families, businesses, adults and youth may enter to create their own sculptures or castles and win great prizes! Simply fill out the form below to register online, or sign up anytime after 9:30am on Saturday August 4th at the registration tent.
If submitting online, payments should be made at the registration tent between 9:30a.m. – 10:30p.m. on Saturday Aug 5, 2017 to receive your flag and building space.
This pre-registration guarantees you a spot in the contest, however building squares are first come first serve.
- Business Challenge $5/per person, 10 person maximum 3.5 hours
- Adult $5/per person, unlimited number of team members 3.5 hours
- Family $5/per adult, $5/per child. No more than 2 adults, unlimited children, 3.5 hours (includes 2 wristbands for activities, charge of $5 for each additional wristband)
- Youth 14 And under $5/per child, unlimited number of team members, 3 hours (includes 2 wristbands for activities, charge of $5 for each additional wristband)
The Registration table is open at 8:30a.m on Saturday August 5, 2017
- Plots will be available on a first come first serve basis to the registration table. Pre-registration will secure you a spot but location is based on payment.
- Judging begins at 2:30p.m and the awards presentation will follow at the dj booth at 4:30P.M for 1 – 3rd place winners.
- Please keep your area safe for everyone and clean your area upon finishing. Keep personal items out of public aisles
- An unlimited number of water buckets may be used. Buckets may be filled prior to the start. The plot may be wet down prior to starting but no building may begin.
- You must provide your own tools, supplies (buckets), forms, food, beverages, shade and sunscreen for your team.
- The plot size is approximately 20ft square. You can use decorations but water and sand only is encouraged.
- Start times will be announced – We will allow shoveling or digging in advance of your appointed time as well as wetting down the site but but no design may start
Prizes will be awarded in each category.
1st Place $100 and event ribbon
2nd Place $50 and event ribbon
3rd Place $25.00 and event ribbon
Want to register the good old fashioned way!?
To print a hard-copy submission form, click here.
Fill it out, and send it here:
Town Of Cobourg
Business & Tourism Centre
Marie Dressler House
212 King Street West
Cobourg, ON K9A 2N1
888 - 262 - 6874
905 - 372 - 5481
* indicates required